Re: gcc 3.2 not faster

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 06:10:42PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
I wonder what will happen when libc6 is compiled with GCC 3.2... For getc/putc operations what happens in the libc6 is more complex than what happens in the application. If the same performance hit occurs when compiling libc6 then things will really suck, and I'll probably get CC'd on some more amusing flame-wars.

Well, it looks like block io actually sped up according to your
benchmark. I'd hope that performance sensitive code isn't really
doing io a byte at a time...

Mike Stone