x86-64 port of debian/linux

[ I am not a subscriber, please CC me in your replies. ]

I will keep things short...  I have recently become very interested in
this architecture.  I would like to help in porting Debian to this
platform.

I understand that it will be a while till commercial hardware becomes
available, however the tool-chain has been ported and SuSE has (at least)
their base distro ported.

I would like to get the ball rolling on porting Debian to this hardware.
But before I go any further I would like to know if anyone else has
started anything yet -- my web search revealed no such activity.

Regards,
Bart.

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/