Re: gcc 3.2 transition clarification

* Jack Howarth (howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu) wrote:
>    Could someone clarify the process by which sid will be
> rebuilt with gcc 3.2? I understand that now gcc-defaults
> has changed and gcc 3.2 is the default compiler. However it
> is unclear if the process of rebuilding sid in bulk will be
> carried out in sid itself or done separately and bulk uploaded
> into sid. I ask because currently it seems that things are
> randomly getting built in sid without any bulk uploads yet.
> Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

C++ libraries will be recompiled and uploaded with 'c102' in the name.
C++ binaries will be recompiled and uploaded once the libraries they use
have all had their dependencies filled.  Note that this is done by each
package maintainer.  New uploads should be built with 3.2, the
autobuilders will all be building with 3.2.  There will be no 'bulk
rebuild' of every package by any single source.  C++ things should be
rebuilt relatively quickly, and NMUs will follow to rebuild things after
some set and announced date.  Things not based on C++ don't have a need
to be rebuilt with 3.2 and so they won't be until the maintainer does a
new upload for (likely) some other reason (new upstream, bugfix, etc).

	Stephen