Re: dh_installdocs causes making a /usr/doc link

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:52:09AM +0000, Paul Cupis wrote:

> On Thursday 02 Jan 2003 00:45, Marcel Kolaja wrote:
> > Why does dh_installdocs behave in an obsolete way? Is it a bug in
> > dh_installdocs?
> No, you are just using an old version of debhelper. The 'fix' you are looking
> for happened in version 4.1.0, but testing still has version 4.0.2.

Oh yes, you are right. I thought (and I do not know why) dh_installdocs is
a part of dh-make, and that is the same in testing as in unstable. dpkg -S
will be my friend next time. Sorry to make noise here. :-(

> If you want to use debhelper 4.0.2 and _not_ get the /usr/doc/ symlinks, use
> the -n option (see dh_installdocs(1)). The buildds, building for unstable,

IMHO this is not the same (in my package it is, but generally no) because
dh_installdocs does also:

foreach my $fn (keys %doc_ids) {
        if (! $dh{NOSCRIPTS}) {

> Paul Cupis

Sorry again to bother here

Marcel Kolaja
"I do not steal MS software. It is not worth it."       -- Pavel Kaňkovský