Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:18:34PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > > The latter.
> > I have write an Intercal program, and compile it, does that mean the
> > source code for the compiled binary is in C?
> :)  I think you have to examine the specific case.  The point is that
> you can't evade the GPLs rules by saying "I refuse to distribute the C
> code, so that means the assembly code is the preferred *available*
> form."

Yeah, sure. But if that happens, and some wily hackers take up the
challenge and end up with a really active CVS tree that happens to
be all in assembly, then it seems fair to make an exception. Likewise
if the source code for something gets lost -- as long as we *can* do
everything we want to do, both legally and from a maintenance point
of view, I think it's fair enough that that should go into main, even
though the result isn't strictly *ideal*.

Anyway, this is all completely hypothetical at this point.

Cheers,
aj