Re: [Internal Projects] Package browser (Was: Debian Color Themes, ...)

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:57:58AM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Em Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:43:47 -0400, marco trevisani <marco@centrotemporeale.it>
> > So it makes much easier to keep an eye on what is installed and what not
> > and...
>
> I think Synaptic's filter model is quite complex, though... I like the
> new Gtk GUI, but I still think there're lots of room for improvement
> in usability...

I'm the current maintainer of synaptic, so I'm biased :)

But please tell me what you don't like about the current synaptic
interface. I'm open for suggestions!

> The one I like best is Gnome-APT, which I tried to kept running for
> Woody and that now has been adopted by a good C++ developer who's
> doing a nice job.

We're in contact and we will share code and ideas.

> I think it's much easier to understand, for the newbie.
>
> Anyway, I really think we should agree on 1 default graphical package
> manager to each desktop (KDE and GNOME), which will be installed
> by default, according to user's choice on which desktop it wants to
> use.

Why only one default package manager? I (obviously) prefer the
synaptic interface and I think it's easier once you get used to the
powerfull filter concept. People have different tastes.

> []s!
Michael

--
GPG Fingerprint = EA71 B296 4597 4D8B 343E  821E 9624 83E1 5662 C734
You Know You've Been Playing Too Much Nethack When...