waimea package problem

Hi
When I installed waimea today from the Debian archive it was completely broken,
some of the necessary files were not installed by the package.

I went back to my package source dir to rebuild the package myself and
found that the package would not build, when it had built only a week
ago.  I was wondering if some of the build tools changed recently.

I did find a couple of problems with the rules file.

line 13:
--exec-prefix=\$${prefix}/usr
should be
--exec-prefix=\$${prefix}usr

and

line 45
exec-prefix=$(CURDIR/usr)
should be
exec-prefix=$(CURDIR)/usr

however changing these did not help the build, the error I get when I
run "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" is this

/bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs
/home/jay/debs/waimea/waimea-0.3.4/debian/waimea//share/waimea/actions
mkdir
mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [install-actionsDATA] Error 1

I don't know why it is trying to use the /share/waimea dir when I
specify the /etc/X11 dir for the datadir or why it is trying to make an
empty dir?

Do you have any insight?
Thanks
--