Re: RFC: A regression test framework for Debian packages?

Jérôme> One year ago, Martin Michlmayr made a speach at the Debian
Jérôme> Conference 1 about Quality Assurance within Debian and the
Jérôme> progress that have been made so far.  He mentioned that we
Jérôme> lack regression tests for packages, but as far as I know, no
Jérôme> solution has been found.

>> kronstadt:~# dpkg --status debian-test
>> Package: debian-test
>>  This package contains tests and the framework to run them, and test provided
>>  by other packages to test themselves.
>>  .
>>  The intent is that this should build into a test suite that provides a
>>  reasonable level of confidence that a Debian system is working correctly.

Wasn't this at least a start?  Shouldn't we build on it instead of
starting from scratch?

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087