Re: Linux Fonts

> I have viewed the font with gfontview.  It looks OK
> in a few sizes and not
> so OK in some others.  So I'm guessing the hinting
> is not perfect yet
> (either that, or this is a limitation of libttf's
> handling of the hinting
> ... hmm, as an aside, I wonder why gfontview uses
> libttf2 (Freetype 1) and
> not libfreetype6 (Freetype 2)?

Making a perfectly hinted font is very, very diffecult
(the guy who made Times New Roman has said he spent 2+
years on the hinting alone).  I chose to embed bitmaps
for all the smaller sizes (no small chore). Is it
possible that gfontview can't handle truetype embedded
bitmaps?

> > Or do you
> > mean it looks flawless onscreen in windows?
>
> Dustin will have to answer that.

yes, I am speaking of how it looks in windows --
unfortunately I have not tested it in Linux..