Re: Linux Fonts

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 06:47:21AM -0700, Dustin Mofos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thanks everyone for the advice on what license to
> release my font under.  I looked at all the options
> and decided to just go with the standard GPL.
>
> I have spent a lot of time on this font and it is
> nearly done.  it is a pretty standard sans-serif set,
> including all the accent and special characters.  I
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	   that sounds impressive :-)

> embedded bitmaps for all the smaller point sizes, so
> it should look, more or less, flawless onscreen.  If
> anyone would like to bang on it some, and give me
> feedback I would be greatful. I haven't done the whole
> family yet (no italics, bold, bold italics) I wanted
> to make sure everything works perfect before I start
> on those.  I haven't tested it on Linux yet , so I am
> interested to know if there are any problems.

well, many of those characters with accents do not work
e.g. your font is completely unsuitable for displaying
Slovak texts (in particular, čťďľňěř are all missing. As
well as many other letters with ogonek and circumflex)
Also cyrillic and Greek seems to be bolder than latin part

For a good page to see this, go to:
http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/multilingual1.html