Re: php.ini configure package

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 03:40:16PM +0200, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 08:11:38PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > You did mention that some packages "ask the user to add
> > /path/to/project_include/ into the php.ini".  Can you name specific
> > packages that do this?  This is clearly wrong, as it pollutes the
> > include namespace for all PHP scripts.

> phplib does so, I think.

I'll spare this list the profanity that comes immediately to my mind at
the mention of phplib.  My last, and least favorable, experience with
phplib was when its poor session management was causing our customers to
get access to each others' inboxes in IMP.

Even so, I see no evidence of this in phplib, either in the maintainer
scripts or in the README.Debian.  So if it asks, it doesn't ask very
loudly. :)

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer