Re: Mozilla & Galeon updates in sid

Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> > Of course, but the recent change, if one was using galeon-nautilus,
> > didn't make it possible for anyone to easily check or even know that
> > something was broken until too late.
>
> If you use the -u option to apt-get, you will have the opportunity to
> see what packages will be removed.  Then you can abort a dist-upgrade
> that will remove something you want and do an upgrade instead.

Which wouldn't have helped at all, because no packages were removed in
that upgrade.  There were no conflicts at all between the
galeon-nautilus and mozilla packages.

(Of course, I always use just "upgrade" to avoid the kind of
unexpected surprises you are talking about.  But that did not help in
this case.)