Re: Mozilla & Galeon updates in sid

Hello

> Many people don't use GNOME, so why force them to wait for Galeon when
> they could be using the latest Mozilla?

So why not make a special package of mozilla for galeon ?

> One of those bits of knowledge is
> that dist-upgrade removes packages, and in fact the basic purpose of
> dist-upgrade is to remove packages. If they don't want it removed, they
> should either run upgrade, or manually check dependencies, or heck, even
> *read* the dist-upgrade information before they hit enter.

Yes. Users read this informations, but if they want dist-upgrade they have to
spend time to solve that.

dist-upgrade removes packages yes, but much of the time it is because
packages are not used any more. In this case galeon, that is used by many
people, is not in the sid any more in fact ... people could not install it during
the days before galeon's package update.

> (Also, building your own Galeon package is easy, and looking at the
> amount of by-hand X recompiling that's going on by sid users, I imagine
> that making Galeon debs would be no problem for most people.)

Yes building galeon package is easy. But I think that many people would
appreciated not to have to build it, each times that mozilla is upgraded ...

Seb