Re: Uninstallable packages in woody

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> immo vero scripsit:

> > Before that can be done, we need someone who's willing to put in the
> > effort to actually *fix* these problems. For the build issues, we have
> > the various buildd admins. For the conflicts/priority issues, we don't
> > really have anyone consistently making any sort of concerted effort to
> > fix them at all.
>
> What do you mean by "actually fixing" these problems? AFAIK, nobody
> without ftpmaster access can *actually* fix these problems, we can
> only suggest a reasonable way to fix them.

"Actually fixing" would probably be filing bugs on packages
which are broken, uploading NMUs if they don't get fixed after
half-a-year.

On the way to "fixing" the problem, you will probably get 10 thanks
mails, and 1000 hate mails, and about 40 instant xxxx-close messages,
and 20 messages cc'd to control@b.d.o with a line starting with
"severity xxxx wishlist    tags xxx + wontfix unreproducible"
and approx. 2 mails from ftp admins saying "we know of this problem,
we will fix it".

If that doesn't frighten you, please fix the problems!

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4