Re: strlcpy and strlcat in linux libc ?

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:58:24PM +0000, Richard Kettlewell wrote:
> The OpenBSD man page seems fairly clear to me; I wrote my own versions
> of strlcpy/strlcat from it.
>
> What do you think the ambiguities are?

I have two references:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/linux/lsap/2002-q1/0024.html
(strlcat of overlapping buffers)

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/linux/lsap/2002-q1/0031.html
(strlcat return code)

The whole thread found at
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/linux/lsap/2002-q1/thread.html#31
is the one I've been referring to in my previous mail.  Thanks for
making me look up a url :-)

You make some good points in the rest of your mail.  I don't want to
discuss them because I've already had a belly full of this discussion,
and holding it on debian-devel is not going to have any effect anyway.
(I just jumped in to rebut the claim of prejudice.)

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.