Re: exploring debian's users and groups

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:11:28AM +0900, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 18:17:10 -0500,
> Norbert Veber <nveber@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 07:56:41AM +0900, Oohara Yuuma wrote:
> > > Is it the same thing as the FAQ section of the Securing Debian HOWTO?
> > I didnt know about that howto.  I just skimmed though it, but didnt see
> > any information about the users/groups provided on a default install.
> > What section is it in?
> 11.1.4 Operating system users and groups
> (version 1.99, cvs revision 1.39)
>
> 11.1.4.1 has a list of default users (root, daemon, bin,...)

Yes, infact its pretty much identical to:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2001/debian-user-200108/msg01110.html

It seems our list archiving software doesnt like crossposted messages.
Most of this thread, including that message is not in the -devel
archives.  A big chunk of it is under debian-user even though it was
posted to devel, user, and doc, and some parts are scattered across the
other lists :(  Luckily I have the whole thing on my local machine.

Thanks,

Norbert