Re: xttitle [was Re: Release-critical Bugreport for February 1, 2002]

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 06:22:08PM +0000, Pete Ryland wrote:
> >   119095 [       ] xttitle_1.0-1(mipsel/unstable): fails to build with sudo
>
> Does this package *really* need to exist, especially since it has an RC bug?
>
> Why can't we just have something like:

--snip of bash script--

> commented out in the /etc/skel/.bashrc or even /etc/bash.bashrc?

that does not help out (t)csh users very well (syntax is all wrong, i
suspect)

nor the ash/zsh users (as neither sources bash anything)

this does not mean that the idea cannot be extended to include all the
said shells, or even replacing xttitle with an apropriate bash script.
(i am not familiar with the details of xttitle, except my guess that it
sets the xterm title)

-john