Re: Protecting user changes in developer scripts handled files

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002 19:50:52 -0600 (CST)
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
>
> > I think it would be useful if integrated in dpkg, or something...
> > then it could become a standard... that seems a good solution for
> > now... but I'd love to see a "library" to modify config files that
> > use a common syntax (like ini's or xml... or key=value)
[...]
> Dpkg is a base package, and with the current state of woody, not to be
> uploaded unless dire circumstances happen.
I don't think dpkg should be changed this way by now also... what about
debconf? As it is going to be used mostly on debconfized packages
that does make sense

> Make this script a separate package, and when it is done, it can be moved
> elsewhere(post woody release).
seems a good solution to me

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |