Re: Sponsoring packages confusion?

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 06:36:16PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:24:07AM +0100, Andreas Bombe wrote:
> >
> > Then the section "The sponsor job" on
> > http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/ shows it not how it
> > should be done (doing it their way will let it appear as an NMU).
>
> <snipped from their site>
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -m'Happy Sponsor <nice@foo.bar>'
>
> Yes, this is not right....

It used to be right. I used to do all uploads for packages I sponsor that
way, and didn't have any problems.
It had been a while though, and when I sponsored something about a month
(maybe one and a half) ago, built that way, it got tagged as an nmu.

Apparently dinstalls behaviour has changed.

Regards,

Filip

--
* darkewolf does not get much work email - so i want to know when it comes in
<Overfiend> xbiff, glbiff, xmailbox...