Re: State of debianutils

Le Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:59:08PM -0500, Joey Hess écrivait:
> Personally, when a debian developer tells me they're not subscribed to
> this list, my opinion of them goes down a (small) notch. If you're not
> interested in debian in general, but just your own little corner, fine,
> but such people don't contribute as much to debian as do those who
> bother to keep up with what's going on as a whole.

Yes of course, but not everybody has 4 hours to spend on Debian each
day. Not being subscribed is not very good because you don't keep up
with the current practice (e.g. madison is not known by all developers).
We have DWN which is very interesting and I think that a debian
developer who doesn't subscribe to debian-devel should at least read
that.

We should still improve our internal communication with people who are not
subscribed to debian-devel...

> OTOH, I'm still suprised that more people don't subscribe to
> debian-bugs-dist and debian-devel-changes. 100% signal, no noise at all,
> and reading every bug report filed on every package in debian and every
> changelog entry (when one has time) is very useful.

Yes, but that's too much signal :-)

I read debian-devel-changes but not debian-bugs-dist. I don't think
debian-bugs-dist will get more subscribers but I hope that more people
will read the bugs through the PTS.

Cheers,