Re: Trying to fix slang (xterm)

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:28:43AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 04:57:05PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> > Just because there's an faq on a bug, doesnt mean it isnt a bug.
> Finally, I do not think it is desirable for Debian's xterm terminfo
> entry to be compatible with AIX's at the expense of compatibility with
> Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, etc., all of whom use XFree86.

It doesnt have to be incompatible.
You could just toss out the conflicting stuff, and have the pure 'xterm'
terminfo entry be something compatible with *both* versions.

eg: vt102, or whatever.

>Furthermore, understand that XFree86 is the most widely deployed
>implementation of the X Window System today.

Do you REALLY want to bring up all the microsoft comparisons with "most
widely deployed, so screw everyone else..."