Re: libpcap and libnet-pcap-perl

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 03:11:09PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 11:44:09PM +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> > More questions about the testing things.
> >
> > Can anyone figure out why libpcap is not moved to testing.
> >
> > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?excuse=libpcap
> > It says 140 days old, needed 10 days.
> > Valid candidate.
> >
> > No reason why it is not moved to testing. Strange.
>
> You always need to check update_output.txt as well as the excuses. I
> haven't checked yet, but I imagine that several libpcap-dependent things
> have to move in at once, and that perhaps one or more of them depend on
> the new glibc.

Ahh that was a good explanation. Now I have read some more
about this and understand how it works.

> > libnet-pcap-perl
> > Same thing but additional dependency on perl. But not
> > a versioned in a problematic way as far as I can find out...
>
> Depends on perl 5.8, so clearly can't move to testing until that does.

*doh* Of course :)

> Frankly I don't think it's worth your time investigating problems with
> testing until we have a fixed glibc. At that point it will be possible
> to start battling with whatever's still holding up perl 5.8, but until
> then most of your searches will lead you straight to glibc.

I see. That was a good hint. I started because I had lot of time to
spend yesterday and I found out a strange out of sync problem with one
of my packages and ia64. Anyway I'll stop now and do something more useful. :)

Regards,

// Ola