Bug#174268: ITP: gnome-alsamixer -- ALSA sound mixer for GNOME
Version: unavailable; reported 2002-12-25
* Package name : gnome-alsamixer
Version : 0.9.3
Upstream Author : Dennis J Houy <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.paw.za.org/projects/gnome-alsamixer/
* License : GPL
Description : ALSA sound mixer for GNOME
A "volume control" application. You can use it to adjust the volume of
different sound sources of your sound card.
It has a nice graphical user interface and a lot of features:
- access to all of your computers sound cards and audio sources
- possibility to give them custom names
- only display the mixer controls you need
- access to all the extra features some sound cards offer, like 3d
enhancement, microphone gain boost...
- and more
This application uses the ALSA sound API, you cannot use it if you use
the (older) OSS drivers for your sound card(s). In return, it gives you
access to all the functionality ALSA provides with the "alsamixer"
program, found in the "alsa-utils" package.
GNOME means gnome 2.x here. Packages will follow soon!
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux TK150122 2.4.20 #5 Mit Dez 18 08:39:43 CET 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-1, LC_CTYPE=de_DE@euro