Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

#include <hallo.h>
* Hunter Peress [Sun, Dec 22 2002, 07:14:42AM]:

> > >  I really think thousands of Debian GNU/Linux users would love It
> > >
> > >  How about a poll " would you love an  i686 or i586 Debian GNU/Linux distro ?"
> >
> > ... and would you like to pay your mirror provider for additional disk
> > space and traffic?
> i dont see how this would imply a spike in traffic. the whole point of

He? You do not need additional space for having two versions?

> this is that since i686 has been around for a good few years, most users
> will choose it over i386 (thats pentium pro all the way on up to today

A good majority will choose 686, another one K6/K7, etc., and lots will
still need Debian for 486er boxes.

> and for new chips at least 1-2 years still) and that covers a LOT of
> people.

So would that people pay for having optimised versions?

Oh, and please top using a broken MUA. I mean something that does not
manage to recognise mailing lists, to keep the references and sends two
different messages.

The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.