Re: apt_preferences man page

Hello, and thanks for the feedback.

I think that the original is right.  It speaks of the
priority assigned to an "instance" of a package (i.e.,
a particular version of that package coming from a
particular source).  So although coreutils (the package)
is assigned three different priorities, one "instance" of
coreutils (4.5.3-4 from http.us.debian.org) is assigned
priority 70, another (4.5.2-1 from http.us.debian.org)
is assigned priority 700, while the installed instance
(also version 4.5.2-1) is assigned priority 100.

It is also necessary to add the "and not installed"
clause for obvious reasons.

I have another question about the man page draft, though.
Do we use the word 'release' where we should use the
word 'distribution'?

--
Thomas