Re: arch name

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:48:36PM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> In my debian/rules I need to know the name of the architecture.  I need the
> name that is used in Debian packages "i386" for Intel or "arm" for ARM.
> uname gives "i686" and "armv4l" respectively (and presumably has similar
> problems on other platforms).
> What do I do to get the generic name for the platform?

If you run dpkg-architecture, you can see exactly how dpkg will treat
the current system. Use the output of that.

If you are using debuild to build your package then it will
automatically put all of that into the environment for you.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited