Re: why was there no bug filed?

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 12:04:21AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

> you, oh my sponsor, advocate, and mentor. i thought that the bugs were
> automatically filed. wouldn't that be rather easy to accomplish?

It would be easy to file bugs when builds fail but it would be hard to
do this constructively.  For example, there are basic things like
checking that the bug isn't already filed which would be hard to
automate.  You need to look at the build log to see why the build failed
then look at the BTS to see if the bug is there already.  There are also
things like known architecture issues like buggy compilers or library
builds that aren't really bugs in the packages themselves.