Re: Porting Xconfigurator to Debian!

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 12:03:31AM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> These aren't included in the "X window system" task...  Given that's how
> most users (most notably the non-technical who would benefit from them)
> install X - should these be added to that?

i agree.  perhaps the X task should include these packages, and then
the xserver-xfree86 package can check for these, and if they exist, before
creating the config file ask "do you want me to try and automatically figure
out your X config with these other programs that i already have?"

it would also be really cool if it detected nvidia based cards and told the users
how to install the nvidia-kernel-src/nvidia-glx packages :)

	sean