Re: update alternatives priorities

On 03-Dec-02, 15:30 (CST), Michael Cardenas <mbc@debian.org> wrote:
> I'm fixing our package for ibmjava2-jre, but the man page should be
> clarified. Are there any accepted values to use with
> update-alternatives? Is it listed in some other documentation
> somewhere that I just didn't see?

Fixing? How, by raising the priority? What happens when the maintainer
of some other jre/jdk package raises its?

You've seen the problem, but are on the wrong track for the solution.
What you need to do is negotiate with the other maintainers who use that
alternative and agree on the relative priorities each will use.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland

    world.       -- seen on the net