Re: why was there no bug filed?

hi,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:34:07PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2002.12.04.1319 +0100]:
> > It's easier to notice these things in a timely fashion if you put
> > 'grep-excuses "your name"' (or just 'grep-excuses' with
> > GREP_EXCUSES_MAINTAINER='your name' in ~/.devscripts) in your crontab.
> nice! still doesn't explain why the bug wasn't reported, does it?

simple answer (colin watson summarized it also quite well): the logfiles
are handled by humans. so, take care about the status of your packages
yourself or be patient :).
ideally you should probably take care of them anyway. at least I
look at the build logs of my newly uploaded packages.
and in any case, it wouldn't harm.

so long
Othmar