Bug#171419: ITP: libdbix-abstract-perl -- DBI SQL abstraction
* Package name : libdbix-abstract-perl
Version : 1.003
Upstream Author : Andrew Turner <email@example.com>
* URL : CPAN
* License : Like perl: GPL or Artistic License
Description : DBI SQL abstraction
This module provides methods for retrieving and storing data in SQL
databases. It provides methods for all of the more important SQL
commands (like SELECT, INSERT, REPLACE, UPDATE, DELETE).
It endeavors to produce an interface that will be intuitive to those
already familiar with SQL.
Notable features include:
* data_source generation for some DBD drivers.
* Can check to make sure the connection is not stale and reconnect if
* Controls statement handles for you.
* Can delay writes.
* Generates complex where clauses from hashes and arrays.
* Shortcuts (convenience functions) for some common cases. (Like
Very helpful IMHO, but I'd like to know if people would use it. I have
already packaged it for myself so rather take this bugreport/mail as a
vote for wheter this would be a useful addition to the pool or just a
waste of disk space. If the later I would still keep it in my private
tar: Cowardly refusing to create an empty archive