Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:59:48 -0500
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh@quickfur.yi.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 01:41:21PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> [snip]
> > No, it doesn't.  It shows that the most frequently viewed
> > distribution pages on distrowatch.com are:
> >
> > 1) Mandrake
> > 2) Red Hat
> > 3) Gentoo
> > 4) Debian
> >
> > And the sample size is approximately 56000 page views.
> [snip]
>
> And with enough obsessively reloading Debian users, we can easily skew
> the figures in Debian's favor. But that doesn't mean that Debian has
> suddenly become more popular.

Who says we need users. Python (or hell, even bash), wget and cron would
work nicely to the same effect. ;)

--
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus)       -==-       http://www.surreality.us/
~OpenPGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"Like a man who has worn eyeglasses so long that he forgets he has them
on, we forget that the world looks to us the way it does because we have
become used to seeing it that way through a particular set of lenses."
-- Kenich Ohmae