Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:20:04AM -0800, Jim Lynch wrote:
> The fact I posted that Andrew Lau should see someone about his
> disturbances comes about because of prior experience with that
> particular person, and seeing that he seems to like stirring things
> up and watching the result. He's done it before, and is doing it
> now: notice he hasn't participated in the discussion he started?

Hey Jim,
	Being a bit harsh there. I am in the middle of an exam period
at UNSW (honestly!). I do not deliberately enjoy troll-baiting and can
find much better things to do with my spare time. Last few days has
been a bit hectic and I did manage to package Film Gimp (it's in
incoming at the moment) as well.
	So let me justify why I posed the question. I've been using
Debian for about 4 years now, and have always been passionate about it
and helping out a lot in #debian as you well remember. I applied for
NM last year, and have been waiting for DAM approval since 31 December
2001. After such a long time with the distribution, and putting in
some much effort in trying to become a Debian-developer, I do not want
to see this great distribution collapse in on itself through
complacency and over-politicising issues to the extent where nothing
gets done in the first place.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau    Computer Science & Student Representaive, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it		      Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *