Orphaning xmlto

I am thinking about orphaning xmlto.
It's a very useful package but I am not very uptodate with sgml/xsl and
I know nearly nothing about TeX (and doesn't want to).

So if someone is interested and feels he can do a better job, I would be
happy.

Most current bugs are fixed in the new upstream but unfortunately I fail
to package it (I can provide details). Also debian is STILL missing
xml-catalog so I patch the source to point to local .xsl .dtd files to
do a best effort (but this is not good because when you want to process
a file, this file is likely to contains url too).

Let me know,
Christophe

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler.
-- Albert Einstein