Re: Handing over readseq

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:54, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > When I'm doing such package chang-over's it's generally just arranged
> > through private mail and the rest of the world learns about it through
> > the changelog.
> >
> > IMHO an arranged take-over like that requires no special announcements.
> > We assume that the maintainer is good enough to find an equally skilled
> > person to take over the package and therefore there is no reason for
> > anyone to complain.
>
> This being Debian, people always complain. There might well be a more
> skilled person to take over that package, after all.

There probably are more skilled people, I'm sure that there are more skilled
people who could package everything that I package.

However that's not the issue, the issue is who is the person who has the best
combination of skill, time, and interest.  The person with the most time and
interest will surely make themselves known to the maintainer, so therefore
the maintainer is the best person to decide who takes over.