Re: Handing over readseq

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:07, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I just hand over the readseq package to Michael Schmitz.  He is obviousely
> much more competent to maintain the package than me.  We agreed not to
> go the bureocratic orphan and adopt.  The next upload will just come from
> Michael.

Why so formal?

When I'm doing such package chang-over's it's generally just arranged through
private mail and the rest of the world learns about it through the changelog.

IMHO an arranged take-over like that requires no special announcements.  We
assume that the maintainer is good enough to find an equally skilled person
to take over the package and therefore there is no reason for anyone to
complain.