Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:52:15PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > >looks like were more bleeding edge than gentoo in one respect: we have
> > >glibc 2.3.1.
> >
> > glibc 2.3.1-r2 is in portage for Gentoo, it's just "masked"(which is like
> > Debian's unstable).
>
> debian-glibc just shipped 2.3.1-5 into unstable to cure some more bugs.
> I posted hppa patches to get us in sync with upstream again :)

That reminds me (tangentially) ... does gentoo optimise for hppa?  How
about risc?  What about an ultrasparc (something I actually do own) ??

IOW, optimising for x86 addresses a subset of debian's userbase.  I'll
grant that it's a very large subset, but a subset nevertheless.

  Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.