On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 09:24:55PM +0000, Steven Fuerst wrote:
> This old software doesn't fit nicely into the mold that was created long after
> it was made.  Yet it somehow manages to capture some of the spirit of the
> revolution that I believe it helped to form.  Why shouldn't debian continue
> to support these rare pioneering works?

Because it's not our job.  Debian is not a museum.  Freedom matters, and
grandfather clauses do not make people any more free in practice.

However, you are free to propose a General Resolution amending the
Debian Free Software Guidelines to add a grandfather clause.  Such a GR
will have to stand or fall on its merits.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to