Re: [RFH] The need for signed packages and signed Releases (long, long)

> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:
>
> > To be decently secure, you need the target system to refuse to accept
> > packages that don't have an acceptable trust path.
>
> Have you actually tried to determine whom and which machines you have
> to trust implicitly when trusting a particular Debian package?  I
> guess this gets really messy pretty soon.

I trust auric.  But I don't trust that the DNS servers will give me
the correct IP address for it.  Hrm.

Fortunately, there is a partial solution: signatures and signature
checking on packages.  And golly gee, it looks like that one is going
to happen, for which I'm quite grateful.