Steven Fuerst wrote:
> There is one small problem with this neat definition of what constitutes
> debian.  Due to the wonders of this program called 'apt-get' it is
> possible to install the distribution once, and then forever update it
> via this wonderful invention called the internet.  Which basically means
> that what is on the CD's isn't important at all.  I happen to only own
> the Slink CD's - but yet manage to run Sid as up to date as the
> ftp.uk.debian.org mirror.  As far as I'm concerned, debian is what is on
> my machine now. ;-)

Wow. Elsewhere in this thread, one of the backers of the GR noted that
one of the problems of our current treatment of non-free is that it
confuses some users who think that "apt-get == debian". And here's proof
of that.

>  *       ANGBAND may be copied and modified freely as long as the above
>  *       credits are retained.  No one who-so-ever may sell or market
>  *       this software in any form without the expressed written consent
>  *       of the author Robert Alan Koeneke.
> This prevents debian putting the games (Moria, Angband and Zangband) on
> CD and selling the CDs.  However, it does not prevent these open source

And incidentially misusing the term "open source" as well in the way
Microsoft would like confused users to do.

--
see shy jo