Re: OpenOffice.org new unstable packages available for testing

The question, then, is:
   By packaging something under name Y, are we
   marketing the software under name Y and are we
   therefore subject to the trade mark
   restrictions on name Y?

If the answer is 'Yes' then I guess we had better start
thinking about possible trade mark infringement by other
packages as well.  I notice that we have a "java-common"
package although 'Java' is a trade mark.  I notice we
have a "discover" package although 'discover' is also
the name of a commercial GIS software package.  It shouldn't
be hard to find other examples.

Do we need to do a trade mark search before
introducing a new package to Debian?

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Copyright does not enter into it.

Yes -- I should have said 'trade mark'.