On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:21:14PM +0100, Simon Richter wrote:
> 1. Keep non-free around, but remove all non-documentation packages
>
> (1) changes the whole meaning of this thread. It makes some sort of
> sense (non-free won't need to be autobuilt, and there would be no
> compromise of ideals needed), yet it would need a different (and competing
> to the current one) GR.

Hells, let's add this to the vote as an option. The new voting system
is supposed to be able to handle that sort of thing. Somebody want to
write it as an amendment to the proposal?

Something like "Keep the non-free archive section, but eliminate all
software; make non-free specific to documentation". I haven't
considered whether this is a good idea or not, but it sounds at least
plausible, so let's kick it about a bit (we probably need to refine
what is and is not acceptable for non-free).

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK