Re: [RFH] The need for signed packages and signed Releases (long, long)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Oliver Kurth wrote:

> I am currently playing with debsigs. What is meant by 'type' for the --sign
> option? I tried 'foo' and 'deb', I get signatures into the deb as can be seen
> with ar tf, but debsig-verify says there are no signatures. The 'type'
> ends up in the filename of the signature.

Because debsigs creates debs in a non-standard way, and debsigs-verify uses
apt-inst, which doesn't handle non-standard deb formats.

This particular issue has already been discussed.  both parts of this equation
are at fault, and will be fixed.