Re: Migration of non-free packages to testing

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:01:35PM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 06:50:08PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > software - even if the copyright holders wanted it to be, they've lost
> > the source code.
>
> there is no problem with that. You can take the output of an disassembler
> and publish it, if the copyright holder does allow it.

  /usr/share/doc/spectrum-roms/zx82.htm

... but I'm not sure it's canonical yet.

Anyway, certainly there is nothing anyone outside Amstrad can do to
produce a completely free Spectrum emulator, in contrast to the usual
case where a reimplementation can be created.