/usr nfs mounted and FHS compliance

Hi,

My reading of the FHS-2.1 imply that /usr should be lay out in a way it can be mounted ro and been shared between several boxes : See http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/fhs/fhs-2.html for a general definition of shareable/static etc.. FS and http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/fhs/fhs-4.html for the use of /usr.

"That means that /usr should be shareable between various hosts..." the use of "should" in this sentence leave it wide open to interpretation.
So is Debian supporting the feature and is it mandatory ?

In any case could maintainer of package playing in /etc/{init.d,rc*.d} before mountnfs and after umountnfs check if there are not using commands/libs out of {/bin,/sbin,/lib}.

The following pending bugs in BTS are concerned by this pb :
- http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=61441 (bug also present in dhcp3-client. New bug report or reasignement of old one ?)
- http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=168639
- http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=118607

And maybe some more (I do remember seeing sth about pb umounting when you activated authentification through LDAP).

Regards,
	Fab