Re: [desktop] gnome2 install experience

Mario Vukelic wrote:

nOn Mon, 2002-11-04 at 19:11, martine@cs.washington.edu wrote:

> - Nautilus is slow on my 1.4ghz x86 machine.  Shameful.

package nautilus or nautilus2? G2's nautilus is still named *2 in debs.
G2's nautilus is not slow on my AMD K6 450, so it can't be for you

It's sluggish on my 1.2 GHz Athlon (384MB RAM).   If I drag a small
graphics file from my home directory to a subdirectory in the tree
view, it takes 4-5 sec for the move operation to complete.  (Yes,
I have 400+ files in my home dir, but I've seen other filemanagers
handle that efficiently on smaller machines.)