Re: waimea package problem

Jay Graves wrote:
> I went back to my package source dir to rebuild the package myself and
> found that the package would not build, when it had built only a week
> ago.  I was wondering if some of the build tools changed recently.

You refresh config.sub and config.guess every time in the dist target.
Some people prefer to refresh them by hand, only when it's required.

It's your choice, but if you choose to refresh it every time you
should be aware of it. It's your package!

> I did find a couple of problems with the rules file.
>
> line 13:
> --exec-prefix=\$${prefix}/usr
> should be
> --exec-prefix=\$${prefix}usr

No, \$${prefix}/usr is better, because prefix may (example: /) or may not
(example: /usr) include a slash at the end.

In either case, is there any particular reason why you don't just

./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man \
  --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/etc/X11

and then use prefix=`pwd`/debian/waimea/usr in your install line?

I bet that would simplify your debian/rules a little bit.

Note: For packaging questions like this one it's better that you use
debian-mentors.