Re: Debian versioning scheme (r1 vs .1)

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 12:55, Emile van Bergen wrote:

[Debian versioning]

> Well, as long as the scheme is used, there's at least the freedom to
> indicate smaller or larger steps of progress among releases.
>
> This may have no meaning for computers, but it may have for humans
> ("Let's see now, Debian has released a version with a new major number,
> there should be quite some changes. I'm curious, maybe I should give it
> another try").

Could one of the old time Debianers give the major steps that were taken
with each release? Then it would at least be possible to get an idea of
how big the difference between a major and a minor version increase was
in the past.

I've only just started with Debian, so I can only do

potato (2.2) --> woody (3.0)
 - XFree 4
 - KDE 2
 - 6 -> 11 arches