Re: [Internal Projects] Package browser (Was: Debian Color Themes, ...)

Il 31/10/2002 alle 10:57:58, -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva ha scritto:
> Em Wed, 30 Oct 2002 23:43:47 -0400, marco trevisani <marco@centrotemporeale.it>
> escreveu:

> I think Synaptic's filter model is quite complex, though... I like the
> new Gtk GUI, but I still think there're lots of room for improvement
> in usability...

I don't know of any program that does not have "lots of room for
improvements in usability"...:-) it wold be important for further
development of the program to know the improvements you refer to.

I used gnome-apt for a while, then aptitude (still using it from time to
time), then synaptic.

What i dont like of gnome-apt (same reason as for another thread Ximian
setup vs. Webmin), is the unecessary loads of libs and
gnome-related-libs IF (note the "if") the user is not using gnome for
instance.

the fact the filters might be not so direct for a non experienced user -
apart for the fact that i feel they are quite easy to use-, it is
actually almost irrilevant on the end-user point of view. What is great
about those filters is that I can prepare a debian package, as i'm
doing for demudi, with an already  customised filter menu, and starting
directly with a filter i build. That will make life much easier for the
final user.

This is my impression, i might be wrong.

	ciao,
	marco

* marco trevisani                                                      *
* http://trevisani.mine.nu   marco@centrotemporeale.it                 *
* http://www.agnula.org -- A GNU/Linux Audio Distribution              *
* Neither MS-Word nor MS-PowerPoint attachments please:                *
* See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html           *
* Gpg Fingerprint = 6096 84B8 046C A5C9 B538  255E 9FFF 1121 3AFB FFA6 *