Re: [Internal Projects] Package browser (Was: Debian Color Themes, ...)

On Friday 01 November 2002 05:39, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Em Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:06:34 +0100, Yven Leist <leist@debian.org> escreveu:
> > BTW, the reason for it's impending removal has nothing to do with the
> > package being unmaintained upstream (which it isn't as far I can tell),
> > it's a trivial bug that is fixed by a single symlink.
>
> I did not say it's being removed because of lack of *upstream*
> maintaince... but because of the lack of Debian's maintaince...

Ok, but Daniel Stone stated[1] that this bug will be fixed with the upload of
KDE 3.1, (which AFAIK does not happen due to the GCC 3.2 transition), and
this is why I decided that a NMU would not make much sense here.

> And no, the bug is not that trivial... kpackage needs to be recompiled
> with the newer version of the library, and it fails... symlinking things
> on /usr/lib is not a good thing

point taken, it's a crude hack, but at least it works for me and apparently
some others as well...

> Why don't you NMU kpackage to fix the bug, if you want it to be kept?

see above.

Cheers,
Yven

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@debian.org